Valnet is seeking individuals who desire to ascend to new heights in a professional and customer focused environment. We currently have the following open positions:
Wireless Internet Installer
Installations — Perform a proper Site Survey for appropriate signal strength and quality of Internet service. Properly install and network the antenna, a wireless router, and the customer’s PC or Laptop. Complete a clean install with minimal exposure of cable and minimal modification to the customer’s home.
Service Calls — Perform the proper diagnostics, and gather information from the customer, to determine what could be the cause of the customer’s non-working Internet service.
Customer Relations Skills — Be able to communicate with the customer about the procedure of installation, where the antenna will be mounted, where to route the cable and what the customer can expect of our service. Be able to communicate with the customer, using “layman’s terms,” in a manner that they understand of how our system works, or, what was the cause of their Internet service being interrupted.
Position Requirements — The Wireless Internet Installer is a predominately outdoor position.
- Understand and obey relevant OSHA guidelines for working on rooftops.
- Able to answer the customer’s questions in terms they understand.
- Provide sales guidance for choosing proper products for the customer homes including type and model of router, range extenders, switches, and other internal network product.
- Must be willing to adapt to many different customer requests and installation challenges.
- Work with network settings in computers running Windows and Apple Operating Systems.
- Able to troubleshoot all components used in the customer’s home network. (i.e. the antenna, wireless router, PC or laptop, cabling, and connections).
- Properly complete required paperwork.
- Assemble equipment on-site and perform a proper installation.
- Maintain a presentable appearance.
- Work flexible hours during the week.
- Must possess a valid Class C drivers license.
- Drive long distances, 1500-2500 miles per month travel expected via company provided vehicle.
- Ability to climb towers and repel from buildings using proper safety equipment.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to manipulate and use hand tools.
- Ability to travel to and from local customer sites on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis.
Customer Care Agent
This position is dedicated to providing our customers with unmatched Internet technical support. Diplomacy, tact and strong interpersonal skills must be backed with the capability and drive to analyze and solve problems for our customers quickly and efficiently. Daily duties include troubleshooting customers by phone, email and in person, plus handling billing questions and doing some sales over the phone.
- Must quickly diagnose, prioritize and troubleshoot internal and external customer issues.
- Respond to inquiries by phone, email and in person; providing information required on a timely basis.
- Perform administrative tasks that support client contact and follow up.
- Must multi-task and prioritize the responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, always exceeding their expectations.
- Perform other related duties as required and directed by supervisor in relation to the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent also supported with minimum two years of Computer and/or ISP support. Associates/Technical Degree Preferred. PC repair will also be considered. Sales experience would also be desirable.
- Familiar with popular email applications and how email works.
- Familiar with general digital communications (Dialup, DSL, Wireless Internet)
- Familiar with common hardware such as modems and routers.
- Very good knowledge and work experience in basic TCP/IP protocol networking.
- Proficiency in Windows/ Mac OS based operating Systems.
- Must demonstrate desire to learn, supported with a love of technology.
- Must possess skills to perform business duties and have acceptable grammatical and writing skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple interruptions and adjust to changing priorities throughout the day.
- Position will also require some sales to new and current customers.